Albany County News

Owen Fire Receives Precipitation, Area Closures Remain In Effect

US Forest Service Photo (LARAMIE, Wyo.)  July 11, 2014 – The Owen Fire received widespread precipitation yesterday after firefighters made progress constructing containment line with the assistance of mechanical equipment. Containment remains at 80 percent and fire managers want to remind the public that the remaining 20 percent will be the most challenging and time consuming to complete.... Continue Reading
Albany County News

UW Art Museum Hosts Star-Gazing Party Wednesday

Music, storytelling, telescopes and art will blend together during a star-gazing party Wednesday, July 9, from 8:30-10 p.m. at the University of Wyoming Art Museum galleries and sculpture terrace. “An Evening Under the Stars: Storytelling, Music, and Astrophotography” is part of the museum’s exhibition, “Starstruck: The Fine Art of Astrophotography,” and is free and open to the public.... Continue Reading