Spring is nearing and what better time than now to prepare for a bit of spring cleaning! The 2019 City of Laramie landfill voucher event kicks off on April 15th. Vouchers will be issued in person beginning April 15th through May 30th at the Solid Waste Office (1167 N 4th Street) between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday. Individuals need to bring a photo ID and current utility bill, rental agreement, registration, mail or any other item that shows their name with a valid Albany County address. Vouchers must be redeemed between May 1 and June 1, 2019.
Landfill voucher event procedures include, but are not limited to:
- Only one voucher per year will be issued to a single household/service address. Business, commercial, industrial, and institutional waste are NOT eligible for this voucher program.
- Vouchers are good for one pickup size load—approximately 2½ cubic yards.
- Vouchers are good only for waste and/or recycling generated at the address included on issued voucher.
- Additional fees for tires, refrigerators, dead animals, special handling, and uncovered loads still apply during this event.
- Drop-off for household hazardous waste require an appointment—details will be outlined on the voucher.
- Vouchers are to be redeemed at the Landfill Scale House only, beginning May 1 through June 1, 2019. Vouchers without an official City of Laramie Solid Waste Division embossed stamp will not be accepted.
Also, be sure to volunteer your time to help clean up Laramie during our annual Community Clean Up Day on Saturday, May 4th. For anyone not familiar with this event, this is a day for citizens to gather and clean up all the windblown trash that accumulated over the long winter. Set up for the event will begin at City Hall from 7:30 to 9:00 a.m. on May 4th—trash bags and safety vests will be handed out to participants, and area assignments will be given to volunteers if they haven’t already been covered. Afterwards, a volunteer luncheon will be served from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in the alleyway behind Fire Station #1 on 4th Street—between Grand and Ivinson. If you would like to sign-up to clean a specific area, please call the Laramie Chamber Business Alliance at 745-7339. For additional information or to arrange for safety vests and trash bags in advance, please call 721-5285. NOTE: in case of inclement weather, this event will be rescheduled for May 11th.