This disturbance will cause strong winds to develop over the wind prone areas including Arlington and Bordeaux as well as Laramie late tonight with these strong winds spreading into the Wyoming Plains on Wednesday.
Here’s what this means for southeast Wyoming:
- Confidence is increasing that a significant high wind event will take place across much of the state.
- The time frame of highest winds will be from 6 pm tonight through 6 pm Wednesday for Arlington, Bordeaux, and the Laramie Foothills. Meanwhile, Cheyenne, Laramie, Torrington, Saratoga, Rawlins, Douglas and Lusk will have these strong winds through the day on Wednesday.
- Wind Gusts up to 80 mph will be possible in the wind prone areas of Arlington and Bordeaux. Wind gusts of 60 to 70 mph will be possible elsewhere.
- Those driving lightweight high profile vehicles should avoid traveling during these times.
- Strong winds between 40 and 50 mph will be possible mainly during the day on Wednesday which may cause some elevated fire weather conditions.